Telemedicine Video Visits
Our telemedicine program is now providing both follow up and some new patient visits with our ACHD providers via video chat using a mobile device.
How to get set up for a virtual visit:
- Setup requires any smartphone mobile device – iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet.
- Before your visit, download the MyChart app in the app store or in google play.
- Set up your Columbia Connect account:
- Self Sign Up:
- Open the MyChart app or log into https://www.myconnectnyc.org
- Select “Columbia University Irving Medical Center Connect”
- Click on "Sign Up Now"
- Click on "No Activation Code? Self Sign Up"
- Enter demographic information
- Answer the security question
- Create your username and password
- Opt in or out of getting email notifications
- OR use an Activation Link:
- After speaking with our office we will send you an activation link to your email
- Open email from MyConnectNYC.org
- Follow account set-up instructions
- Click Sign-In
- Review and Accept Terms and Conditions
- Self Sign Up:
Now you are ready to start your virtual visit!
To schedule a visit with one of our cardiologists or nurse practitioners, first email one of our office staff to schedule. Once scheduled, follow the instructions below:
- Open your MyChart app
- Log into your Connect account
- Click “Appointments”
- Click on the appropriate Video Visit appointment
- Once green, click the “Begin Visit” button at the bottom of your screen
*Do not click on the Stethoscope “E-Visit” icon as this is an entirely different tool and is not used for video visits
Reminders and Tips
- Make sure you are in a quiet, well-lit room with a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Make sure you are using the latest version of the app on your phone or tablet
- You, or your physician, can start the video visit up to 15 minutes prior to the scheduled time
- If you minimize the app during your visit, the camera will pause but the microphone will still be on
- If your connection gets lost, you can restart the video visit by logging back into your appointment
For technical support contact Connect Technical Support at (646) 962-4200.